ALL donations to our Hurricane Harvey Fund stayed in the Greater Houston Area. We worked hard to coordinate volunteering efforts to help homeowners throughout the Greater Houston Area with debris removal, gutting, and repairs. Donations were in route to our chapter from our Jaycee Texas Neighbors for redistribution.
Hurricane Harvey Grant Program
The chapter worked with the Houston Asian Jaycee Foundation and the US JCI Foundation to raise over $65,000 that was used to provide grants for victims of Hurricane Harvey. Applicants submitted an application form that was evaluated based upon need. All ethnicity and areas of Houston were invited to apply.
- Harvey Relief Rebuilding: $1,000 rebuilding supplies & funds
- Helping Heroes (First Responders): $1500/household assistance
- Make my House a Home Program for single parents & seniors: $1500/household assistance
- When You Wish Upon a Jaycee: Up to $500 open assistance
- Flood Cleanup Equipment Loaner Program
Project Leader: Various
Helping Mission to Neighbors at Aldine Westfield
Time : 1pm-6pm
This center open daily 10am-7pm Mon-Sat; Sun 10-6pm: to provide hope, free hot lunch/ dinner, prayers and supplies to the neighbors at Aldine Westfield since 2 weeks.
Volunteer tasks included:
- Prepare & deliver dinner Togo boxes
- Upload and organize donation supplies
- Shop items for residents
- Assist cleaning center if needed
- Greet & check in residents
Leader: Phuong Tran
Harvey flood cleanup – Concord Bridge
Address: Concord Bridge Dr, Houston, TX 77041, United States
The Concord Bridge neighborhood is at the north end of the Addicks reservoir and got flooded during the release of water to save the dam. We’ll be helping the elderly and fixed-income single parent households, those that need it most! Phase 1 this weekend – help demo and clean out the homes. Phase 2 next weekend, hopefully, help rebuild!
We will have gloves, safety glasses & N95 masks, but if you have some, bring them! We want all our volunteers to be protected!
If you can’t make it the full time, just come whenever you can, it’s ok! Every bit helps!
Project Leader: Kevin Chang