The purpose of this project is to raise funds to purchase PPEs (e.g. N95, other masks, face shields) for first responders, nursing homes, and the homeless. In collaboration with JCI New Jersey & JCI New York, our ultimate goal is to raise money for the Houston Asian Jaycees Foundation in order to protect the Houston, New York, and New Jersey area from COVID-19. If we have funds left over, we will donate to other COVID-19 hot spot locations.
Our goal is to raise at least $10,000 by June 30, 2020 and we truly CANNOT do it without YOUR support!! In fact, we are partnering with the Houston Asian Jaycee Foundation to raise funds and provide a 100% tax deductible donation.
By coming together (with proper social distancing) as a community and working together as a team, every penny counts towards combating this COVID-19 Pandemic!
Please support our project by donating and sharing this fundraiser with others. Your kind support and donation is making a profound impact on the safety and protection of our front line heroes at medical facilities, our first responders, the homeless, and other at-risk groups during this uncertain time.
To date, the fund has impacted the community through the following Jaycees units:
- Masks in Houston (distributed by Houston International Jaycees / JCI):
- 500 KN95 masks to New Jersey area hospitals (distributed by JCI New Jersey – NJ Jaycees):
- 250 KN95 masks to Christ Hospital in Jersey City, NJ
- 50 KN95 masks to Hackensack Meridian Health JFK Medical Center in Edison, NJ
- 50 KN95 to JFK Medical Center at Edison, NJ on May 21
- 50 KN95 to Independence Manor at Flemington NJ (An independent- assisted living facility) on May 22
- 50 KN95 to Morristown Medical Center -Emergency Department on May 23
- 100 KN95 to Bayonne Medical Center on May 26
- 500 KN95 masks to New York area hospitals/healthcare facilities (distributed by JCI Philippine-New York):
- 200 KN95 masks to Elmhurst Hospital Center
- 150 KN95 masks to Queens Hospital Center
- 100 KN95 masks to Regal Heights Rehabilitation and Health Care Center
- 50 KN95 masks to Queens Boulevard Extended Care Facilities
Remember every penny helps towards protecting one more person! You can click on one of the donate buttons, or you can mail a check made payable to the Houston Asian Jaycee Foundation to our PO Box Address.
Note: If you donate directly through PayPal. Please put “Pennies for PPEs” in the Notes section so that we know that the donated funds are for this project. Also, in order to help maximize your donation and reduce fees, please remove the check mark in the box for “Paying for Goods or a Service?”.
Write checks to:
Houston Asian Jaycee Foundation
PO Box 42610
Houston, Texas 77242-2610
Please write “Pennies for PPEs” in the For section of the check so we know it goes to this fundraiser.
Project Leader: Richard Ariaga